Foundations in Myofascial Release Seminar for Neck, Voice, and Swallowing Disorders
October 19-20, 2018
- Intended for SLPs/Voice Professionals, Massage Therapists, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and other appropriately licensed health professionals.
- This course is offered for 1.45 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level; Professional area.)
- PT/OT CEUs will be approved on an as-needed basis. Content and documentation will meet Washington State, Maryland, and other Physical Therapy CEU approval, with Texas (62148TX, 14.5 continuing competence units, expires 09/16/18) and Wisconsin (WPTA approval # 16311, 14.0 Contact Hours) physical therapy approved, reciprocity to other states as per description here. Washington Occupational Therapy CEUs: Content and supplied documentation meet the criteria set forth by the WA State DOH. Other OT CEU approvals may apply, please inquire early.
- Massage therapy (NCBTMB and NYS MTs, 15.0 CE Hrs) are approved.
This course is offered for 1.45 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level; Professional area.)
Walt Fritz has the following relevant financial relationship to disclose: he receives royalties from similar course content delivered through Medbridge Massage. He has no relevant nonfinancial relationships to disclose.
Hours: Friday, October 19, 2018 9:00am-5:45pm (8:30 am registration) and Saturday, October 20, 2018 9:00am-5:30pm
2416 Music Valley Drive, Suite 119
$400 if registered by 08/19/18
$450 if registered by 09/28/18
$500 for registrations after 09/28/18
$250 for retakes of this class
Group Discounts: $50 off each registration if 2-3 register at same time, $75 off of each registration if 4 or more register at same time. For Group Discounts please use this form.
PLEASE NOTE: Course materials are distributed electronically, so we ask that you provide a valid email address which is regularly checked, as well as your preferred phone contact.
No massage lotions/oils are needed, in fact, we ask that you not apply any lotions or oils to your face or upper body during any day of the class, as myofascial release is a dry modality. Also, we ask that you bring along appropriate lab clothing each day (a tank top or a loose fitting T-shirt is most appropriate). If you are able to bring a massage table, please let us know in advance by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: Please read this section
Registration payment may be made by PayPal or by check/credit card by using the mail-in/fax form that can be downloaded here. You can also call 585-244-6180.
- If using PayPal, use the fill in the PayPal form below then click the “Pay Now” button”.
- After paying through PayPal you will be re-directed to a Sign Up Page. Please complete the form and submit. You may also access the page by clicking here.
- If using the mail-in/fax registration form, click here to download the form: Registration Form
- Please be sure to complete the process by reading and indicating your agreement with the photo/video release on the application.
- At times registration is capped at a maximum number, so if you are using the mail-in application be sure to send me an email to assure space remains.
When using PayPal, please complete the “Professional Name and Title” and “Best email and phone #” fields before clicking the yellow “Pay Now” button.
Foundations in Myofascial Release Seminar for Neck, Voice, and Swallowing Disorders™
This two-day, highly interactive class will provide the speech-language pathologist (SLPs), and other health professionals with an interest in the Voice, Speech, and Swallowing, a solid grounding in the use of myofascial release (MFR) and other manual therapies for the treatment of speech and swallowing-related disorders. The evidence-base and science-base will be reviewed, as well as the anatomy and physiology of the nervous system, the fascia, and corresponding muscle groups it supports. The majority of the course will be spent on supervised hands-on practice to develop comfort and expertise in performing these techniques for patients with specific types of voice disorders, dysphagia, head and neck cancer rehabilitation, and issues surrounding the jaw, mouth, and tongue. Appropriate patient selection will be reviewed and comparison will be made between various techniques to achieve optimal results for each patient, based on his or her presenting symptoms. The addition of myofascial release to an existing clinical skill set will allow the therapy professional to provide intervention to patients in novel ways. The participant will leave this course prepared to utilize myofascial release on his or her first day back to clinic.
The Neck, Voice, and Swallowing Disorders Seminar has no prerequisites and is directed toward health professionals working within the areas of speech, swallowing, and voice, but is also appropriate for therapists with an interest in these areas and is open to MTs, PTs, and OTs. This is a two-day class. ASHA (1.45) and NCBTMB (14) CE Hours are approved, with other CEUs available if requested well in advance of the class date.
I will be here to support you after the class, with a newly formed Facebook group that contains videos covering all of the work covered in the workshop, which will allow you to refer back at any time to refresh and deepen your understanding of the work. Membership in the private group is free.
Enrollment at all seminars is limited. Fee includes the course syllabus, which is distributed electronically approximately 1-2 weeks prior to the class date, seminar instruction, hands-on workshop training, and seminar certificate. You have the option to download the syllabus to an electronic reader, laptop, ipad, etc, or print it out for use in the seminar. You will not be provided a hard copy at the time of the class unless you notify us in advance of the class.
We reserve the right to cancel any seminar based upon minimum class enrollment requirements, in which case the tuition fee will be returned in full. Foundations in Myofascial Release Seminars is not responsible for any guaranteed/prepaid airline/hotel reservation. If any hours or days of a seminar are missed, no refunds will be given and partial credit/CEUs will not be provided.
Confirmation will be sent via email after payment is received to our office. You may cancel your registration up to 14 days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded less a $50 processing fee. If you need to cancel less than 14 days prior to the seminar you may transfer your registration to another seminar of your choice, otherwise you will forfeit the full registration fee.
Any grievances or concerns regarding Foundations in Myofascial Release Seminars should be made to:
Foundations in Myofascial Release Seminars
980 Westfall Rd
Rochester, NY 14618
We strive to make your learning experience the best and will do our best to make you happy.